GCLHOA Minutes of the November 14, 2010 Board Meeting:
Call to order: Earl Bunting- James Godfrey requested this meeting to discuss Waterfront Enhancement
Also: to discuss getting meeting minutes from Lynn Ketner.
James Godfrey: recommendation to put issue of painting the Pool house to a homeowner vote
Send out letter now presenting the pros and cons of painting the Pool House
Discussion: of both sides of the project of painting the Pool House, maintenance issue involved;
Reason for wanting to have community vote is because it was originally voted to be the way it is by the
community. Janie spoke of how one homeowner thinks we are making this place into a Margaretville.
Billy and James Broughton said it did not matter to them either way. James Taylor would like to put it to
It was decided the letter should be drafted for board approval by first week of December. Must be a
place for signature, lot # and place to vote and returned by the time the dues are all returned.
Review of WEP Committee meeting and discussion:
1. Priority to this committee was playground equipment.
2. Moving the roped area of playground out of areas where there is golf cart traffic.
3. Adding a gate to corner of pool fence that is close to playground so kids and
parents will have access. ( James Godfrey has gate he will donate)
4. Looked at drawing of proposed playground equipment to be built by the
5. Need 4 yards of concrete to pour walkways ( 1 behind the pool house, 2.from
new gate at pool to the playground area . and do repairs in areas where water
had caused a wash out near our streets . discussion about the amount of concrete
needed continued discussion.
6. Billy had concern about all walkways matching existing ones. He was assured they
7. OSHA regulations do not apply to us because we are private.
8. We discussed the landing material used on the playground possibility could be
ground rubber mulch
9. Boat (donated by Ken L.) WEP Crew will be galvanizing swing set and anything
that needs new appearance. The boat will be repaired painted and padding will be
added to avoid any injuries for the kids while playing on it.
10. If we had bought the play set from China cost was $7800.00 – $8000.00
11. We can build the one we have plans for approximately $3500.00
Discussion about Pool House Rear bathroom doors being put in for use by residents when using the
picnic shelter. Janie was not in favor of, but Linda reminded everyone this was a high priority item at
the reverse drawing.
Mary made motion to install doors in the back of Pool house bathrooms’ Jimmy b. 2nd the motion .
Burton still has doors to donate and wants to do it. Billy Brock will do the installation.
Once bathroom doors are installed:
Bathrooms will be accessible when picnic shelter is being used. Deposit requires clean up of shelter
and restrooms or we keep the deposit.
Gate and concrete (7YDs) Approx $.700.00 will be split between GCLHOA and WEP. 50% each.
Border we added at water front was approved at June 2010’s meeting.
White vinyl fence at back of Pool House(PVC). Terry asks about bringing the fence over another 10
feet Fence prices will be bought back before the board.
Capital Outlay money will pay for fence and dirt.
Motion to end meeting and a second .